Sound Fixes Pack v 15.7 for ATS
This pack provides improvements to common sounds in the game, making the sounds feel more immersive and real.
Takes the simulation to a whole new level!
It is preferred to put this at the top of your Mod Manager, at least above MAP mods and AI TRAFFIC mods for full experience of sounds. Otherwise results may vary!
– CHANGE LOG v15.7 –
Changed default AI traffic truck/bus engine sounds. Now has more variety of engines in set of sounds and smoother volumes.
1 new cricket ambience variant for nighttime added to array. [ATS edition] >>
– Features of this mod –
1. TIRES / TYRE SOUNDS
* Real interior and exterior tire sounds. Tires will resonate in the cab depending on how fast you’re accelerating and what speed you are in, giving a feel for your sense of speed.
* Heavier gravel sounds on dirt/gravel roads.
2. SUSPENSION SOUNDS
* Light and medium impacts can trigger cabin squeaking and movement of the cabin.
* Hard impacts can trigger key swinging.
3. GAMEPLAY / UI SOUNDS
* “Late music” replaced with Nokia phone ringtone sound (volume of this sound depends on Music volume in Audio settings in-game).
* “Bing bong” chime for train loading screen sound and ferry loading screen sound
* Reduced volume of garage door sound
* Reduced volume of adviser message sound
4. FUEL / GAS STATION SOUNDS
* Classic/historic ding sound for while the fuel is pumping (circa 1960s to 1970s). The number of dings can give you an idea on how much you refueled.
* Real fuel pump, fuel lid, door close, seat belt click and key insertion sound effects for after refueling to a full tank.
5. INTERIOR SOUNDS:
* Real stick/switch/button sounds for: parking brake, hazard light, wiper stick, blinker / indicator / turn signal, light switch.
* Retarder sound changed to real retarder sound.
* Lift axle sound now includes button press sound effect.
* Pattering of rain on windshield audible in the cabin during heavy rain.
* At high speeds, wind will sound slightly faster.
* Mix of default amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding sounds. Can be heard when you have damaged the transmission and/or gearbox.
6. TRAILER SOUNDS:
* Real sound effects for trailer coupling + uncoupling.
* Includes air brake hose deattachment sound when uncoupling.
7. AI TRAFFIC SOUNDS:
* AI traffic vehicles given new horn sounds. Depending on the patience of the driver, a short or long honk may be used.
* AI traffic trucks/buses given more variations of sounds (turbo, engines, gear changes).
* Motorcycles from Jazzycat’s AI traffic pack and JLTruck’s AI traffic pack given proper motorcycle engine sounds.
* Motorcycles will rev engine instead of using a car horn when blocked.
* Dedicated engine sounds for a selection of AI traffic trucks.
* You can hear the slight sound of vehicles overtaking you or passing by you in the oncoming lane.
8. MOVER SOUNDS
* Louder volume and reworked audio for various moving objects including biplanes, trains (included train horns), etc.
* Enabled sound for some moving objects that don’t originally come with sound (e.g. F22 jet fighter in American Truck Simulator).
9. LOCATION BASED AMBIENCE
* Prefab (i.e. company and delivery points) soundscape enhanced for American Truck Simulator (includes both daytime and nighttime ambience).
* Iceland coastal ambience for ProMods (wind, waves, very distant seagulls).
* Suitable volume of nature ambience for ProMods and RusMap when opening the window.
– Compatibility –
ETS2 1.24.4 + ATS 1.3.x. No errors in game log. Must be placed in high priority in Mod Manager.
Compatible with all trucks, including truck mods.
Does not replace individual truck sounds, so can be used with an unlimited amount of truck sound mods of your choice.
Compatible with all maps.
Supports compatibility with Realistic Weather Sound 1.7.6 (provides realistic thunder and exterior rain sounds). Both mods can be enabled at the same time. Sound Fixes Pack must have higher priority.
If using winter mods, please enable Frosty Winter Weather Sound addon from Options folder of Sound Fixes Pack for full compatibility.
– Set tire and wind volume –
Wind and tire noise too loud? No problem. You can configure its volume using these developer commands. Syntax is as follows:
s_air_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
s_wheel_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)