Enhanced Driving XPerience (US) v2.0
2021 JAN 25 (1.39.3)
– Added “Hauling Hope” trailers in traffic.
This mod must be installed at a higher priority over other sound or AI mods. DO NOT USE IN PARALLEL WITH SNOW VERSION!
This mod makes the in-game driving experience a little more realistic.
Here is an outline of what has changed (NOTE: Points with a # symbol indicate something is not yet implemented):
– Cargo and trailer combinations reworked.
– Inspired by LAFAYET47’s Ownable Cargo Market Rework mod. Consider mine the ‘lite’ version of his.
– Cargo not requiring a cold-temperature climate will no longer use refrigerated trailers.
– Some exposed cargo transported by Flatbed trailers can now be transported via Sliding Tarp trailers.
– The following vehicles are removed from traffic as they are not found in the United States.
– Ford S-Max
– Mercedes C-Class Estate
– All AI cars, trucks, and buses have realistic acceleration and top speed behavior.
– For every car, engine power and weights have been carefully researched. Each car will accelerate differently. The primary source of information is “automobile-catalog.com”.
– Top speed for every car is based on either factory tire specifications, a set speed limiter by the manufacturer, or a theoretical calculation from “automobile-catalog.com”.
– Top speed for all cars towing trailers in California is 55 MPH (plus 10% speeding allowance).
– Top speed for every semi-truck varies according to certain configurations and conditions.
– Top speed for all buses is 75 MPH.
– In traffic, there is more variety of trailers (empty and loaded).
– The following Combination Vehicles (CV) are added…
– Rocky Mountain Doubles.
– Traffic density has been reworked.
– Special thanks to cip for letting me use part of his Real Traffic Density mod!
– Traffic signals have longer and realistic timings.
– Green light interval is at least 20 seconds.
– Left-turn interval is 10 seconds.
– Amber (yellow) light interval is 4 seconds.
– Left-turn interval is 3 seconds.
– 2-second delay interval between signals.
# Car, truck, and train sounds are emitted based on engine specifications.
# Example: If you see a Tesla, you’ll hear a hint of electricity powering it.
# Horn sounds for both cars and trucks have changed.
# Police sirens are replaced with more realistic-sounding ones (recorded from Whelen 295SL100 device).
# Bad Spring/Summer/Fall Weather
# Rainfall is slightly louder, noticeable during heavy precipitation.
# Feel Thor’s power through your speakers with better thunder sounds!
# Bad Winter Weather
# When it is snowing, all you can hear is the sound of air (wind).
# Sounds have been added to various movers such as flags, commercial airliners, and even the F-22 Raptor. Some sounds such as the helicopter have been improved.
I hope you all have a better driving experience with this mod.